Sunday, June 15, 2008

20 Years

Dear Thunderstorms in New York --

This is a letter to you via my blog. First off, I'm glad you finally showed up. I'm a bit annoyed with the timing. So, we've had two of you this week. First, on Tuesday, my roommate was very nice and decided to invite me to Death Cab for Cutie (as in Translationism, Marching Bands of Manhattan, We Looked Like Giants). So on Tuesday, half way through their set, the wind picked up, the lightening started and we got sent home (Concert in a old pool.....sssoooo cool). So everyone had to climb up the sides of the pool, it started lightening like a mad house, and then HUGE raindrops decided to start falling. Faster and faster. Then, it just full on downpoured. And we were soaked. So when we finally got to the Bedford train station (With the rest of the people who were at the death cab concert) we had to wait in a hot sticky line of lots of high people. Not cool.

And yesterday, I went to see Vampire Weekend in Central Park for FREE! Well, midway through the first band, it starts pouring. And thundering. The band stops, we get kicked off the bleachers....and stand in a monsoon thunderstorm.....for two hours. And then it stopped and the concert continued!! And tehn Vampire Weekend came on....and it started to rain again!! It was a very wet experience. Will I ever go to an outdoor show again? Of course, concerts are my favorite thing in the whole entire world.....I just hope it doesn't rain!!!!

Other than that, my week has been full of soccer (Euro 2008, yeah baby!!). And rereading the Twilight series. And work. Oh. Thunderstorm are good because it's not that hot outside. and I dont have air inside. And who knew you could sleep in 88 degree weather....but not 95 degree weather?? I've never been so excited for an 88 degree day in my life. So now i'm off to starbucks to read the New York Times (I love the sunday edition!) and drink my starbucks before coming home to watch the hottest man in the world and the rest of my european country of origin kick some Swiss ass :)

No comments: