I knew last Thursday morning, when I had to get up early to go to work early, and I accidentally caught the 8:15 early train, my vacation to see my college roommate was going to be awesome. I also realized that this was the first time we'd get to spend more than 2 consecutive days together with no wedding involved since we live together in the Fall of 2004 (Holy Snap, that's a long time).
Highlights of the vacation in somewhat order:
- LM's grown-up house and being greeted by her bubbly two year old giggling, and football being on the television (who warmed up to me within minutes without even tempting her with food - LM says it's rare!)
- Crafting and sports. It's so awesome I'm writing it again, because there was that much of it. Crafting and sports. US Open, at least 5 complete college football games and the KC Chiefs.
- Crafting and Alias. After the Chiefs decided to roll over and die, we switched our crafting focus to include Season 2 and Season 5 of Alias.
- The Rocky Mountains. One would have thought I saw them when I went to KSU/Colorado game in 2005. No, it was foggy. They start in Montana. We took a boat ride to the Gate of the Mountains.
-We stopped to get a beverage and she walked straight to the Belgian Raspberry Beer w/o saying anything. AKA my beverage of choice. Super win. Then, I was really ecstatic for 3 seconds, b/c I also thought we we could get Rainer beer - aka Charlie's beer of choice -- b/c we were close to Washington State. That didn't last long as the sales rep said no but went on for 5 minutes sharing the specials. LM had the berry beer and I was standing infront a six pack with Killer Whales art work. We managed to survive his specials spiel.
- Getting to entertain her 2 year old. It. was. so much. fun. And her dogs! I love dogs!
-Nightly Blizzard runs (it's a lie. They don't have everything in New York.)
-My first full trip with Delta Silver Medallion Status. I'm quite the travel freak, and FINALLY achieved this status, which I'd been trying to for a while. Perks: getting on the plane before everyone else does, being able to get the seats at the front, getting upgraded to First Class (My 6AM flight out of Great Falls....WIN!)
-The Missouri River. And all of it's Great Falls Dams. There are quite a few. And the roller coaster car ride to Dam #2 via the pot holey road. We took one dip a little fast and her husband in the back seat went airborne.
-Seeing LM's cake magic in person.
And then I remember how blessed I am that I ended up on Boyd 2 in the Fall of 2003, b/c even though our partners in crime (JCF and SEW) weren't there, we've got something really special in our friendship that I'm thankful for everyday. Even though we're spread across 3 time zones and 4 states.
And how many people can craft and watch football for 3 days straight?! Serious question.