Saturday, May 31, 2008

An Olive Grove Facing the Sea

So since I'm sitting here doing nothing on a Saturday night, I figured I'd finish my blog I started writing yesterday.

So on my mission to meet friendly people in New York, I went to a meetup.com spa party. It wasn't bad. The leader was cool. Then I headed over to Bed Bath and Beyond. I bet you'll have no idea why!!

So yesterday morning, I had just finished taking a shower, and was going to blow dry my hair in my room as usual. So, I plugged in my blow drier, turned it on and....snap crackle, poof, the chord was on fire. Yep, my blow dryer burst into flames. So I had a momentary "oh shit! my blow dryer is on fire" moment before deciding I needed to blow on the chord and extinguish the fire. So I did. Then I threw the blow dryer in the trash can. Luckily my hair wasn't that dry, so I went curly yesterday.

So at BB&B, I bought a hair dryer. Then I headed to the Barnes and Noble, in search of my happy place (It's so few and far between these days). So, my happy place? The end of the third Twilight book.....it gave me the first chapter to the fourth. I think it's gonna be GOOD!! I have a feeling the ending of the book won't be to many peoples liking though (You know, as in the vampire and the human.....the vampire's going to leave the human...that's my bet). Happy place #2 of the weekend: MTV Movie Awards preshow...1st scene from the movie!! And then begin counting down to August 2. for the book.

And now I'm home. Watching Troy. Which always makes me laugh. We know why most girls enjoy to watch this movie. In fact, the first time I saw it, it was my sophomore year spring semester finals week of a movie. And pre-phsyco Brad Pitt. Which leads me to to my most vivid thought I've ever had during a movie. So when he's captured the really annoying chick, and she tries to kill him, then he flips over and he's naked, I vividly remember thinking word for word, "How convenient, he sleeps in the nude."

For as long as I can remember (when I was in approximately 7th grade), I've written, for lack of a better term, a script. I mean, straight through, there wasn't a time in my teenage or adult life when one wasn't being written. Most girls keep books and books of diaries. Nope, not me, I've got one masterpiece at a time of lines and lines of dialogue (most are dated and numbered). I wouldn't ever let anyone read it because it's corny. It's so bad. When I try to explain it, I often tell most it's how my dream life would be. The longest one I ever wrote was 3 1/2 years long (sophomore year of highschool to freshman year of college), and zillions and zillions of notebooks. Don't mention it to my mom, b/c she accidentally threw away the first two notebooks when we moved to Texas (see, i've been doing it a long time). She nor I will ever forget that. But I've been in a two month rut. I've written nothing. I have no inspiration. I'm worried. Last weekend I sat down and picked out names. Still, nothing. Maybe now that I've confessed this to people (b/c people do read my blog!!) it'll come back. Because I miss it. It's been as constant as the Bible in my life. And I want that reliability back.

And now I'm going to watch the Notebook. B/c when you don't have a boy, Noah is a good temporary fix (:

No comments: