Friday, May 23, 2008

State of the Union

So, I'm aware close to no one reads my blog. But that's OK! I'm not too good at keeping up. And I talk about like three things. Things have looked up a little since the last time I wrote. Obviously, I'd just come back from Kansas and left my wallet on an airplane. That was no good and no fun.

So, I'm posting because I think this week I saw one of the best song I've ever seen live and I'd like to share it with you. But first I'll tell you why. I got to see my favorite band. Twice. Did I mention they're the best live? Kira and I headed to Jersey Tuesday night for my Augustana show. When we got there the room was no bigger than my living room. Heaven. We're talking my favorite band here. But David Ford opened and sang "State of the Union." Watch the video at the bottom of the post. Its positvitly amazing. And then I went to my first solo concert Wednesday and the Bowery Ballroom. Not too bad. I survived.

Anyways, after seeing Augustana two nights in a row live, here's what I have to say about their new CD. The only reason I was so dissapointed at first was because I'd been listening to songs live all summer. They studioized them. And I saw the rest of the songs live. Lets just say "Twenty Years" may be ranked up there with Stars and Boulivards. A few others as well.

And I've come up with another life goal. I'm going to South by Southwest one year. I'm taking a week off of work and going. Hopefully sooner rather than later.



Twenty Years (The new Stars and Boulivards):



David Ford (Best song ever live......):

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well.... apparently I'm no one- CAUSE I READ YOUR BLOG! :)

Unknown said...

I'm with Jack on this one....

ksuJennyP said...

Ah! Comment evoking post! That's what I was going for :)

ksuJennyP said...

And I wrote "Close to no one". You're the close to part!!