Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Scientist



So long time no publish. Lots of concerts to catch you up on. I'm aware this is an unstoppable addiction..something like, I don't know, drug addictions. But how many times am I going to be in New York City in high season? good damn question. So, I'll keep going.

Since last I chatted with you, I first saw Hanson. Now, I was lucky enough to meet an awesome british girl who is just as obsessed with Hanson as I am. I also went with a girl I met at my book club. I got in a very long line and proceeded to wait for them to come on. They suprisingly had great opening bands. And then, after three long years of a hanson-less concert existence, they played two crappy songs from their new CD. Then, song 3 got busted out, and I've never seen a group of girls go more crazy than when Hanson starting playing "Where's the Love." They hit some high points, including MmmBop, Penny and Me, A Minute Without You. However, they failed to play Georgia. Which is precisely why I'm skipping the K State KU watch party Saturday to head to Jersey, do The Walk, hopefully meet Taylor Hanson and see Georgia live.

Then, I head a pretty hectic week and headed to Georgia (the state) then to Alabama Friday for Kristi's senior weekend of soccer. Went to a soccer game. Headed down to Panama City to see the first cousin on my mom's side get married. It was a blast. Not a blast was driving all the way back home!! And then KP's last soccer game. Then we headed home.

And then. Oh boy. Coldplay. Easily one of the best performances I've seen. Rank 'em up there with Foo Fighters and Green Day. Maybe ahead of the Foo. Chris Martin is AMAZING. My sibilings and I got my mom the tickets for her birthday. So, after getting back to teh city at 5:00, we headed to Penn Station, and got on a train. We took a train to a bus. On teh way to the IZod center, we got pulled over. Were you aware public busses can be pulled over by cops? Oh well, no harm, no foul. We got there intime for coldplay. They EVEN SANG all my songs: God Put a smile upon your face.....talk.....went up in teh rafters to sing the scientist....and then came back and started my FAVORITE song in the dark. Politik. Which, by the way, should begin playing when the lights are out. See below.

Which has brought me to now. Thursday night. On the verge of a weekend involving the Halloween parade (I'm armed with hairspray, glitter and light foundation to try my hardest to be Alice Cullen.....), Hanson, and Dashboard and Panic all with an extra hour and the KState/KU game.

No comments: