Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hands Down

Good morning!! I felt the need for a post. As indifferent as I am to New York (ie, usually when I land at the airport in NYC, the rude people and annoying accents really make me want to get on that plane and go back where I came from, and my really good friends are spread out across the other time zones, however, not the eastern) it occasionally rocks. Alas, here's my new list. Why NYC rocks on November 2, 2008.

1) While walking to eat my breakfast and read my New York Times this morning, I randomly happened upon the New York Marathon. It was running 2 avenues away from my apartment!!
2) Obvi...concerts. I complete my 5/5 of favorite songs seen live tonight....breathe in for luck breathe in so deep these words are blessed you share with me....Dashboard and Panic
3) I get to try my luck at meeting Robert "Edward the Vampire" Pattinson this week, cause I live in the city movie stars visit to promote their movies.
4) I don't have to drive to ANY of these things. I get to train it.
5) Although New Yorkers dont appreciate it at all, I got to wear a sweatshirt this morning outside. I LOVE sweatshirt weather.
6) Although close to NO ONE understood my Alice Cullen costume Friday (It was very discreet, to their credit), I headed to the Halloween parade and met up with some friends who were passing out presidential stickers on the corner. Although I'd prefere not to associate myself with either candidate (b/c i'll probibly be voting agaist someone more than for the other, not quite sure yet) it was FUN!! And the costumes were great. Some examples: Rock, Paper and Scissors, Sarah Paliln, A Moose with a shot gun looking for Sarah Palin, Justin and Andy who could sing and dance every word from "Dick in a Box," Russian figure skaters, among others. It was fun.

And just for laughs....make it to the end of this spoof. It' SSOO funny.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Omg Jenny this is sooo funny! :) It's Lindsay btw- found you from facebook!! :)