Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Fallen

How funny. Franz Ferdinand is on the radio...and I'm about to tell you a story about falling.

But first!! So, as we all know from reading the blog, I'm more than obsessed with Spring Awakening. So I do listen to the soundtrack quite frequently. I have an undenying urge to sing to it. Not to dance yet, though. But anyways....I have another I feel like busting into song verse....and it is...and i usually have to lip sync it on the train........

But there's nowhere to hide from the ghost in my mind
It's cold in these bones of a man and a child
And there's no one who knows, and there's nowhere to go
There's no one to see who can see to my soul


I LOVE IT!!




So yesterday, I started off the morning terribly. I went and got on the train. The F train has two types of trains...one that can seat 7 people on each side and one that can sit 10 people. I like the 10 people trains...more turnover, more seats. But no, it's been the seven people trains lately (they do have heated seats when it's 10 degrees outside, which is delightful...but otherwise the trains SUCK!) . So I can position myself in the right place on the 10 person seats to get a seat in usually 4 stops. Not so much on the 7 people trains. So i position myself, and we get to the stop in brooklyn where everyone gets off, and a very annoying man swings around an elderly lady and plops down. Ah! I give him the evil stare that only New Yorkers can perfect when someone takes their seat on the train. He offers me his seat. No, idiot, I don't want it now that i know you're an idiot. Then there was a lady in an animal print coat. Which means one thing. She's very obnoxious, takes up the whole train and a Brooklyn or Queens native. Bad train ride. I had to stand next to her due to idiot.

So my faith in humanity was restored on the way home. I was reading my book (not rereading!!!) and this rather tall man sits down..and takes up my whole space. So I tip my book up, pretending to hit him, but lets face it, I meant to. He was actually nice, pulling out his accounting book. So redeeming for mean man. Then, it had snowed all day. I told my coworker I was going to fall on the way home. And I was walking home, and some kid was sliding down the wheel chair access ramp, so i walked up the slide. No, didnt make it. I slipped, landed on my side, and the kid apologized in 1/2 second and helped me up. Redeem #2.

There are nice people in this city. I'm not sure where they are. But 2 meanies were canceled out by 2 very nice people Somehow, I will survive these native New Yorkers.

No comments: