Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dear Maria

So, since about October, I've been in a music rut. What exactly did this consist of? Spring Awakening and the Twilight soundtrack on REPEAT. I repeat REPEAT. I do like to beat things dead, but oh man, I knew it was good, but needed a switch. Enter a few bottles of wine, Scrabble, and two dear friends I somehow convinced to join me for a day of emo heaven otherwise know as Bamboozle. We had two days to choose from, so obvi, we picked Fall Out Boy's headlining day, Saturday.

Anyways, practically all week, I felt like skipping and dancing everytime I sat down with my iPod and automatically switched it to We The King's Check Yes Juliet. So, I was out of town all week on business. Then I came back Friday, and rested all day (watched Rachel Getting Married....it was ok), and hoped it didn't rain come yesterday.

So enter Saturday. I start acting like a kid getting ready to go to a candy shop....literally, teh skipping, huge smile, bursting into Fall Out Boy's Dance Dance in teh 2 square feet of my room there is to dance.....yes. So my friends adn I met at Penn Station before the show. I did my little jump up and down dance walking to get our tickets. When we finally made it to the Giants Stadium parking lot, we stood in a huge security line because it turns out only women can pt down women.

Anyways, we spent the day with NO RAIN on the pavement. There were downs: Johnny on the Spots, Moody Jersey teenagers, lack of trash cans, people lackign common sense.

But the highlights:
- Counting down teh minutes for We The Kings
- the Bloodhound gang, which turns out, they SUCK LIVE....teh roof is on fire...not so good
- We the Kings. Awesome. Awesome. That's all I have to say.
- Gavin Rossdale. You know when the dude starts out his set with the chords to Machine Head, it's gonna be freaking steller (FYI, I remember the day my dad bought me 16 Stone in sixth grade). Played a LOT of Bush. Everything Zen, Come Down, Speed Kills. And my friend captured the essence of his performance best when saying "He's performing like he's making love to his music....and it's AMAZING." And she captured it perfectly, even with Machine Head, you could tell he truly LOVED his music.
-The Boys Like Girls. They were sssoooo full of themselves their performance was terrible. Suck.
then we took a break. we needed to set down. so we found a little bit of untrashy pavement and made the best of it.
-We then resurfaced for All Time Low. Which was awesome. I think what amazes me the most about these bands is the fact that tehy don't get played on the radio. It's purley grassroots efforts. They have their little band of groups, then tehy all tour together, get discovered on myspace and pandora and gather a HUGE following not ever getting played ONCE on the radio.
-Then Journey popped up. Which didn't impress me much. I don't really care....I was hoping for paramore. But everyone else seemed to enjoy it, so I went with it.
-Thrid Eye Blind. These dudes were on some SERIOUS drugs. Not impressed. Didn't play a song anyone knew until 30 minutes into their set. That's after they started their set 15 minutes late. However, teh actual music was good. Too bad I didn't know any of the words.
-Fall Out Boy. I love these kids. However, when you're teh headliner, and no one is singing along to the words from you new cd, except for the incredibly obnoxious tall 17 year old you're standing directly in front of, maybe that means IT SUCKS. To their credit, they did rock ALL my favs. I slept with someone from fallout boy and all i got was this stupid song written about me, sugar we're going down, grand theft autumn, thriller, dance dance, thanks for the memories, a little less sixteen candles, this ain't a scene. Very content with their set, however, I was kind of tired of sitting in a trashy parkinglot full of really annoying teenagers.

And that was Bamboozle. And I loved every second of it. But the moral of the story is, I bought the all time low cd today. And I maybe heading for a musical change....yehaw!!!!

No comments: