Sunday, October 3, 2010

Heart is Hard to Find

1) After 3 years, I finally got new Jimmy Eat World. Like the Silversun Pickups, this band just makes me smile. They kick so much behind it's not funny. And all of their music is enjoyable. Hands down best new song: Invented. Which evidently they don't play live. But you know what they are playing live? One of my Top Five Fav songs of all time: Work. A week from Thursday!!

2) Back in April, I expressed my love of John Gallegher, Jr, and the performance of American Idiot. While returning from Kansas last week, I was sitting on the plane during my layover and American Idiot tweets that none other than Billie Joe Armstrong is playing St. Jimmy. Um, what? Excuse me? Let me buy tickets RIGHT NOW. So, my friend Elizabeth and I sucked it up, got cheap tix in the balcony and went Saturday night. Few notes: 1) I still love John. He's my fav. I really wish I could have seen him as Moritz in Spring Awakening. 2) He was really good. WIN for Billie Joe as St. Jimmy. (better video...Time of Your Life)

3) Dear Outlander the Series....You're the best set of books I've ever read, and I'm annoyed that you've set standards so high. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo did a good job...but now that I'm done with them, I'm left thinking "I need another Outlander." So if you have any suggestions...specifically series...suggest away!!!


Location of this video is just about where I sat:

No comments: