Thursday, March 27, 2008

French Onion Dip

Long time no blog (I know, that's how I started out my last post) but I have reasons!! And this blog post is probibly going to be worth your time!!

Anyway, my post is titled b/c I'm not listening to music right now. But I did have some french onion dip earlier, and oh man. It's just better if I never have french onion dip mix in the cabinet, b/c I will eat it. OK. I finished a tub today, it lasted a week!! Record slow btw. OK, so back to the reason for the post. I'm not listening to music, I'm watching basketball. Yeah! March is my favorite month. OK, well, this paragraph in my post is dedicated to my roommates Laura and Megan b/c they get a lot of credit for dealing with my addiction! Props to them. They do not enjoy basketball near as much as I do. I promise, I don't have more sports to watch after college basketball until football comes back! Yeah, a lot nice with K State in the field! Too bad we suck. Michael!! Pass up millions and come back next year w/ Bill and win KSU a national championship!! I know you can do it!

Alright. What I've been up to since the last post. After my super crappy weekend, I decided to go home the next weekend. So I hung out w/ the parents and Mike. The highlight of teh weekend was HUGE storm that blew threw. We were playing some cards (go Washington State!! I have you beating UNC!) and I look up and ask if that's a piece of trash blowing across the yard. Nope, sure enough it was a skunk. When Penny found out she went nuts. It was way to enjoyable to watch a skunk waddle around the yard in 30 mph wind and driving rain.


The next weekeend was WAY more fun b/c Jackie Allen came to visit me! She came on Friday and we went straight to the bar to watch K State. We won! Satuday we saw stuff New York had to offer. We went up the Empire State Building. Had some Greek food. My personal favorite part of the day came at the end, when for some reason we both laughed so hard I couldn't breathe while we were trying to streatch our lower backs from walking all day. Sunday we went to the Modern (we both got yelled at for getting too close to a painting), something else and then we went to Rent. Favorite part of this day came at the end as well. Jackie and I were talking to Laura and Megan comes down the hall and says "Guys, I think there's a cat outside my windown." In unison, Laura, Jackie and I say "It's Juan's cat!"

St. Patrick's Day we didn't drink a drop of liquer but instead indulged in a "Death by Peanut butter" sunday (I can not for the life of me think of how to spell this right now). Came home and find out the KSU women are playing in Connecticut. Of course I'm not skipping it!!

Tuesday was back to work. I met jackie after work and we went grocery shopping. Then we came home and ate and she left at 4 am.

Then Wednesday, I met Julie, my friend i studied abroad with in France, in times square to give her my house keys so she could stay with me! I hadn't seen her since fall semseter senior year (2005). It was lovely having her here! She did, for the most part, embrace my need to watch a lot of basketball!! Thursday night we met at the K State bar to see then men pull an upset of USC. Friday I had off, so we watched a lot of basketball, went to the Moma, ate raw vegan (ew, yuck, etc) and got some cupcakes and came back and watched some more basketball. Saturday, I took her to my fav place to eat in the city....the Peanut Butter Store!! We ate our sandwiches in Washington Square Park and then proceeded to go watch KSU loose in the second round. We then made it from 86th street to 4th street in 30 minutes (record for me) to see the movie Paranoid Park. (Kristi did a great job of finding the name of this movie with two clues.....It had Jenny from Gossip Girl and had Park in the title, we did it all by text post KSU game!).

Sunday, my parents came with a few goodies from Walmart (a plunger, venus rasors and walmart cheese!) before we went to Connecticut to watch the girls have a rough game. That was all that consisted of our Sunday, really.

Monday. Julie and I met my cousin Chris for pizza and drinks. It was really a lot of fun! And then Tuesday we didn't do much b/c Julie had to leave early on Wednesday morning.

So there's your wrap up. I miss friends. I do get to go to Oregon in April and back to Kansas in May!!

1 comment:

ecloern said...

Yay! Cute pics. You must be loving life right now with all the basketball craziness (o;