Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cannon Ball

Good evening! I'm chilling here on a Sunday evening (often times my fav time of the week) waiting on my chat buddies for a group chat. And I figured, I'm aiming for more than four posts in August. :) I had a rather delightful weekend. Friday, Mike came. We went to the famed peanut butter store. I had a cherry cheesecake PB and J (Crunchy peanut butter, vanilla cream cheese and cherry jam....yum!!). Then we went to Pineapple Express. I think it's safe to say that I saw that movie because James Franco had long hair. But it was pretty funny. Then we came back and watched the tivoed opening ceremony for the Olympics. So here is what I have to say about that: We should be embarrassed. Where'd they pick the commentators up? The street corner?! They were so derogatory to some of the countries in the parade of nations. And why oh freak why did we see George Bush when the American athletes were walking in?! No, I'm watching the Olympics to see the athletes. Not my poor excuse for a president Bush.

Saturday started out wide open. I got my newspaper...and got 2 sections. NYT home delivery on weekends is OVERRATED. They forgot the front page AND the sports page. Idiots. Then I ended up going to Roosevelt Island for the first time to hang out with my cousin, and we ended up seeing Batman. Then I met Adriana downtown for a beer. And that was good too.

So I'm falling off my rocker with concerts in new york city. I've also pretty much committed all my fun money to them. It's ok, I'll survive. BUT. I missed the fact that one of my emo bands is playing on TUESDAY!! The Maine. It's sold out, of course. But I think I'll swing by the Roseland after work and see if someone wants to sell me a ticket :) BUT!! Exciting news.

So I'll preface it with my five favorite songs of all time (In no particular order):
1. Stars and Boulevards - Augustana
2. Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional
3. Possession - Sarah McLachlan
4. Work - Jimmy Eat World
5. Best of You - Foo Fighters

So I've seen all of those songs LIVE except...Hands Down. Does it get better than Dashboard Confessional, Panic At the Disco, and the Plain White Ts? NO! Rock band tour, yeah. And I can complete that live songs list. And thats one of those concerts where I listen to all teh bands. Which is awesome after the past few concerts I've been to where I only listen to the headlining band.

Other news....would this be a JP post without Twilight news? Nope. I finished Breaking Dawn. I got it Friday @ midnight and finished it Tuesday night. That was with a FULL weekend of touristing. And some people hated it. I loved it. I thought it ended just as it should have. And I loved the fact that both Monday and Tuesday morning. A OH MY GOSH! moment happened just as I got to the 34th Street metro station. I get off at 42nd. Both days!! I got laughed at several times on the train too, for my rather vocal reactions.

So now I’ll spend my evening watching gymnastics and swimming and chatting with some of the coolest people ever :)

No comments: