Friday, August 1, 2008

Cruel Summer

Well, it's been ONE crazy week. I'll tell you about it.

So Mike came in Tuesday, and we met at the Port Authority to go to the Foo Fighters concert. He picked up dinner...and all I have to say is McDonalds, you can't rip off the ChicFilA Chicken sandwich if you aren't using real chicken. So we ate outside the IZod Center in Jersey, and then went in to find our seats. Well, I know that I had 6th row, but mike and I get to the bottom and turns out 6th row is code for first. SO! We had front row to the Foos. And it turns out it was the last night of the tour. So everyone usually watching backstage came outside and stood in front of us. So at the begining of the show, a lady brings out a 3 year old with adorable pink noise blockers. Then the Foo Fighters came on, and she was out there again with her mom, climbing on the stairs going up to the stage. The Dave came over and got this huge goofy grin and the little girl freaked, so it was Dave's daughter. My heart melted. Bad ass Dave Grohl melting at the sight of his daughter. And she was ADORABLE. And Dave is like 1000x more attractive than he was. Well, Mike and I didn't get home til 1:30. (meaning I will die when my mom and I go see Coldplay in Jersey).

So Wednesday I was in bed by 9:30 because I had to get up at 4:45 to go to Good Morning America!! I got there around 6:25, Laura came and met me. We went inside and stood for two hours, but were warmly rewarded when Stephenie came out and signed our books and took a picture with us!! Since my roommate Laura did such a good job of recounting the experience...check out her blog...and it has pictures.
http://redheadedchick.blogspot.com/2008/07/frivolity.html

And then, I didn't get much sleep last night either. No good for me and sleep this week. But here's what I learned today: Jenny + Little sleep + the dentist = not a good situation. I hate the dentist. But since I hadn't been in two years, i had no cavaties and didn't have to go back for that drilly thing.....it went well!!

And now, I'm getting ready to go to the Park Slope Barnes and Noble. I'll be the 12th owner of Breaking Dawn at Midnight. YEAH!!

No comments: