Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Comedown

Even though I'm approaching my year anniversary of living in New York (trust me, it hasn't been a walk in the park) I still have the "Oh my goodness, I live in New York freakin' City" moments. Like tonight, after going to book club with a totally random group of girls I didn't know before three months ago, on my way home, with no new books in my bag, I was looking out the window, and there was the Empire State Building all lit up. Last week, I was sitting on the other side of the train, and I looked up and there was the Statue of Liberty. Then I wondered how many people dream of seeing that (even though it is rather small), and realized I get to see it every day if I look up from reading my book.

And the moral of the story is, although New York isn't my dream destination in life, it's great for right now. And the only city I'd trade it for is Kansas City (only if there were k state season sports tickets involved).

No comments: