Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Give A Little

So, yesterday was a pretty great day in JP CD buying history. How? Hanson AND Twilight both had a release.

Hanson has always been my favorite band. In fact, it occurred on May 8, 1997 and really hasn't changed much since then. I was REALLY disappointed with The Walk. So disappointed, I may only know the words to Georgia. So, when a ticket landed in my lap for the 5th show of the Hanson 5-of-5 I decided to give it a go. And I went to the show and I LOVED IT. I wasn't so fond of the songs the next day at Bamboozle when they didn't play Mmmbop, but that's besides the point.

So what do I give Shout It Out? A++++++. Why? I got the CD yesterday at 8AM, and have listened to it in full at LEAST 8 times. It's THAT GOOD. In fact, I'd go as far to say that it's better than Middle of Nowhere, Underneath and The Walk. And quite possibly....This Time Around. I like every song on the CD. Unlike This Time Around.

Highlights/Faves from Shout it Out:
Kiss Me When You Come Home





Give A Little (Taylor's dancing during the 5-of-5 made it a priceless song....then actually listening to it, it gets even better!)





And who can resist the bubblegum goodness of the first song, Shout It Out?





Or not want to start the flash mob in the NYC subway when Thinkin About Something starts on one's headphones?





Really, just all of them. My sister's wedding was this weekend (blog post to come. Need more people to post photos to make a complete post. I have no camera). My Aunt pointed out she was expecting me to lose this obsession. I told her I didn't think it was going anywhere. And that's a FACT now that I've listened to Shout It Out. (Pssst...Hanson. Should you read my blog, please make a tour stop in NYC at the last minute.....some of us need a Shout It Out tour stop. 5/5 tix were PRETTY HARD to obtain.)

Eclipse Soundtrack review tomorrow. It's good. Really good. There wasn't even any Hanson.

No comments: