Saturday, June 12, 2010

Heavy in your arms

The Twilight soundtrack was surprisingly really good. Paramore has become one of my preferred bands. The New Moon sound track was all fantastic and emo. Before the Eclipse soundtrack tracks were announced, there was a lot of Adam Lambert talk. And since there has also been very little production time and just a tad bit of over-commercialization of my guilty pleasure books/movies, I had my doubts. Then the track listing was announced one day, one song every thirty minutes for 7 hours. When Metric was the first band announced, I KNEW we were going places. Then Muse, Beck, The Black Keys, and Band of Horses followed. Here's my review: Favorite book, stellar soundtrack, favorite story ....could it be my favorite movie? If the soundtrack is any indication of where this movie is headed (aside from REALLY BAD whig recycling), it is promising. Not to mention it's on regular screens, digital screens AND IMAX screens.

Favorite Song: Florence and the Machines. (Not what I would have thought to be my fav song)


Metric rocks. As does the Vampire Weekend clip.Fanfarlo. Band of Horses.Eastern Conference Champions. Unkle. and MUSE?! Win, Summit, win. Go buy this one too.

And further proof to indicate that Summit has indeed nailed Eclipse:


Win! Win! Win!

And go Team USA. Beat England. Make it to the quarters this year. YOU CAN DO IT. Word of advice from a non-soccer player: don't kick the ball backwards like you did in Germany. Forward and towards the goal. USA! USA! (Portugal is my backup team. Allez! Allez!)

No comments: