Sunday, December 23, 2007

JP's Year in Review: 2007 edition

well, like every other blog I profile at work, I figure that I should give you a year in review jp style.

Well, 2007 started out for me in Times Square. WOAH. Glad I did it. SEO was visiting. Never doing it again. Spent the next few days in good ol' PA but went back to France.

In France, I continued to teach my kids (realizing now that I really should have been an el ed major b/c I LOVED every minute with those kids.) I also got to spend time in France with a group of girls that I would have never hung out with in the US. But that's why I love picking up and moving to foreign countries. It's the people you meet. That group of girls taught me so much about myself and life. And I love every single one of them for that. And check off a life goal...France for a non school related activity.

I also spent possibly the two best weeks of my traveling life ever with Zoe in Greece and London. There was not one day that went by that we didn't laugh hysterically and not see some cool old stone (or dolphin). And I learned to drink beer. YEAH!!

Then I added Portugal to my list of countries I've been to. Along with the south of Spain. Gotta give it to their culture, they LOVE to LIVE. Which is something we can't do in the US. (I also believe it was somewhere around this time that I said "I will NEVER live in New York City." I think that sealed my fate.

Finished up my term and my poor mom came to visit me at another crappy time. When I was ready to be back in the US. But we missed a soccer riot by like 10 minutes. Dangit!

Came back to the US for an incredibly long, miserable three months of living at home with my parents and an unpaid internship in NYC where I had to take the bus every day. Not so much fun. I did discover the tail of Jamie and Claire "the outlander series" and was in reading heaven for like 3 months.

Then, finally in October I got a job in NYC. The funny part was when I basically had a feeling I was getting the job, I was sitting in SEO's car in Manhattan, KS going to a Kansas State career fair. I've been to Kansas three times this year and loved every minute of it.

And a shout out to Fall Out Boy. My band emerged and saved me from some dark times this year.

And then I used Craig's list to find an apartment in NYC. SCARY! But it ended up working out perfectly w/ a huge room and an awesome roommate on Manhattan island (c;

And now it's Christmas. Stay tuned for my new years resolutions. Merry Christmas, everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look! I can leave comments on your blog- yipee!