Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mission: (What I think is completely) Impossible

So. I've made a decision and I'm STICKING TO IT! I WILL find a book that is not named Twilight or Outlander, I will finish it and I will enjoy it. And I will not let either of any books in the previously mentioned series end up in my purse. I REFUSE. I'm not doing very good a finding new books. I tend to pick them up and quit if I'm not instantly sucked in after 100 pages. I just put down La Suite Francais, it was kind of confusing. Too many characters and not defined plot separation. I was SURE it was going to be the one. NOPE. So what's next on my list? The Beach House by Jane Greene and East of Eden by John Steinbeck. Yes, not what I prefer (as it is one chick lit and one classic), but I'm desperate. I haven't read a new book and enjoyed it since September (aka the beginning of football season).

Other missions that I consider impossible? Well, you would think that since I'm in New York I would see stars all the time. Nope. I've seen two. Stephenie Meyer (eeeekkkkk!!!!!), but it was fixed. It was on GMA, so kind of cheating. And America Ferrera while she was taping a scene for Ugly Betty.

Well, if I randomly run into three people, like sitting on an airplane, getting on the subway, in a store getting cupcakes, here's who I'd pick as of January 27, 2009.

Taylor Hanson. I've been following this boy for 12 YEARS!!! In fact, when I got third row tickets to Spring Awakening, I did think Oh my goodness, I'll be so close maybe famous people will be there.....like Taylor Hanson!!! No dice. No Taylor at SA. So, alas, TH.

Ethan Hawke. He's so pretty. And i've liked him just as long as taylor hanson. Though maybe when I run into him, I'll be able to say more than two words, because I won't be hyperventilating with over-excitement.

Kristen Stewart. Yes, this does have to do with Twilight. But she just rocks. And lives in LA. So see title of post. OK, Hunter Parrish is going to squeeze in on this one b/c he lives in LA now too. I know that I could have met him after a Spring Awakening performance, but for the purposes of this MI post, that would have been too easy. OK, Dan from Augustana would be fun too. And he's from Cali so he can squeak in this category.

And my new form of crack. I discovered podcasts. Yes, I've had an iPod for how long? Anyways. Twilight Source's Imprint. That's where it's at.

And on a side note......working in new media, i keep tabs on who visits my blog and how they got here. Funny search result. One person found my blog by searching for "Hunter Parrish life size cut out". Ha.

1 comment:

Anna Kristina said...

do you use google analytics for the site tracking/info stuff? That's what I use, and I didn't know until you said something, it does list all the things people search for and then end up with your blog from. Hah! It's interesting. :) Anyway, good luck with the finding a suck-you-in book. Have you tried Agatha Christie? I've never been able to put those down. :)