Sunday, November 4, 2007

An afternoon in the city

So one of the things I've been meaning to do for a while is just spend a lot of time walking around the city. So this morning I finally went to church here. I went to one down by Columbia University. I used hopstop to figure out how to get here (hopstop = you put in where you are and where you need to go and it tells you how to get there by public transport). So of course I trust it and take the C train. So have to walk a ways and then I get to the park and have to walk up 200 stairs, I laugh. Because yesterday on the way to the K State watch party I had to walk clear across Central Park. But I went to church and it was 1/2 in Latin. Not so cool. But I am in NYC so I'll go somewhere else next week. Then I decided to go to buy myself some work pants and set downtown. Well, the 1 train isn't stopping where I need it to this weekend so I decided to walk the Upper West Side for fun. It was awesome. I stopped and had lunch. Then I walked, and it was clean, posh, not too many tourists and had an awesome Christmas store. So (go me!) I walked from 72nd and Broadway to 59th and Lexington. I passed the New York Marathon en route and a Russian Tea Room as well. And then I came home. And now I'm watch football b/c we got cable this weekend (c;

No comments: